STIPEND: R2500 (unemployed learners only).
Kouga Municipality, an equal opportunity employer which subscribes to the principle of affirmative action, awaits applications for the following apprenticeship positions:
- ELECTRICIANS [x20]
- PLUMBERS [x20]
- Minimum of Grade 9 (No affidavits will be accepted only valid school reports);
- Successful apprentice learners may not be engaged on another Skills Development Programme;
- Contracts will only be valid for one-year subject to renewal from Construction SETA.
- Each learner must have a bank account.
- Proficient in at least two of the official languages of the Kouga area.
- A minimum of 40% of the learners participating in the apprenticeships must be females;
- A minimum of 2% of the learners on the project must be people with disabilities.
Applications is open for all interested Kouga Employees and External Applicants
Closing Date: 08 November 2018
How to Apply
All applicants must include their CV, certified copy of qualifications (not older than three months), certified identity documents (not older than three months) and driver’s license. All applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must reach the Human Resource Manager on or before Thursday, 8 November 2018 at 12:00. For any inquiries contact Mr. D De Jager: 042 200 2200.
Please note that the following can lead to disqualification:
- Non-submission of originally certified copies of academic records and identity documents
- Enrollment on another skills development programme.
- Canvassing of councillors.
- Submission of fraudulent qualifications and/ or documents
NB: Please note that shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a vetting process. By applying for this position, the candidates agree to background checks being performed.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Kouga Municipality is an equal opportunity employer which subscribes to the principle of affirmative action which is non-sexist, non-racist, non-discriminatory and based on merit.