Senior Safety Compliance Officer
An exciting vacancy exists at King Shaka International Airport for Senior Safety Compliance Officer within the Airport Management division.
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Manager Aviation Safety Compliance will be responsible for the following:
- Provide input into planning process within the section and execute the approved plan in accordance with policies, procedures and processes to ensure achievement of operational targets.
- Report on non-compliance and implement corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Implement and enforce the ACSA Safety Enforcement Systems, Safety Management System, policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Participate in Risk assessment for new projects, existing and where there is a change in operation or product.
- Provide On- the-Job HIRA, Safety Management Systems, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and other Safety related information sessions to ACSA Stakeholders.
- Plan and conduct Safety campaigns for the airport community.
- Identify and provide feedback on cost saving initiatives within area of control.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and supervise subordinate activities to ensure efficiency and achievement of goals.
- Participate in people development initiatives such as performance management, succession planning and talent management to ensure team performance meet required standards.
- Build, support and maintain healthy, diverse internal and external relationships to ensure achievement of organizational goals.
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- National Diploma in Safety/ Environmental/ Risk Management/ Public Health.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety/ Environmental/ Risk Management/ Public Health is recommended.
- Code B driver’s license.
- 2-3 years’ operational experience in Safety/ Environment/ Risk Management/ Public Health.
- 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
The ideal candidate must be composed, trustworthy and demonstrate good judgement when making decisions and resolve conflict promptly. Must have excellent verbal communication skills. The ability to solve challenging problems is critical in this position and the ideal candidate must be diplomatic and an individual who consistently achieves results and meets targets. The ideal candidate must be able to develop people and manage negotiations
Positions will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented and the position will be advertised externally.
:King Shaka International
:Business Operations-COR (13000P)
:Sep 11, 2019, 10:52:56 AM
:Oct 1, 2019, 11:59:00 PM