An exciting career opportunity has risen for dedicated individuals within the Fire and Rescue Department at King Shaka International Airport
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Supervisor: Fire & Rescue will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain operational readiness including vehicles, equipment and infrastructure to comply with Airport category.
- Operate Fire Fighting and Rescue Equipment and Tools.
- Ensure understanding of vehicles and/or equipment.
- Conduct routine inspections, maintenance and report defects.
- Adhere to statutory regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, operational standards, ACSA policies and procedures and Service Level Agreements to ensure business continuity.
- Activate and respond to all relevant incidents and accidents within area of jurisdiction, scope of training and expertise.
- Conduct emergency standbys to prevent incidents and accidents.
- Analyse, monitor, identify, mitigate and report areas of non-compliance.
- Conduct Runway, Taxi-way and Apron inspections and patrols to reduce potential hazards, notify ATC and take remedial action if necessary.
- Build, support and maintain healthy diverse internal and external relationships.
- Maintain level of physical fitness.
- Perform aircraft marshalling duties
- Respond to all medical emergencies within area of scope and training.
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experiences or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- A valid Matric (Grade 12) qualification
- A code B driver’s licence with driving experience is essential.
- Appointment will be subject to applicant passing a Level “A” physical fitness test
- Fire Fighter 1 qualification
- Hazmat Awareness
The ideal candidate consistently achieves results and meets goals and targets as well as being able to clearly explain a point of view and its reasoning. It is essential that the candidate is well organized and methodical and pays attention to detail; is tactful and can communicate in a non-confrontational and polite manner and acts in line with the dominant values of the organization. Recognising, handling and resolving conflict promptly as well as the ability to solve challenging problems are a must.
This position will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented and the position will also be advertised externally.
:King Shaka International
:Business Operations-COR (13000P)
:Jul 29, 2019, 9:46:08 AM
:Aug 16, 2019, 11:59:00 PM