We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all graduate programmes offer the same deal: the opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build relationships that will stay with you for life.
Our graduate training programme is underpinned by a development framework that broadens and deepens your knowledge. You’ll learn from hands-on coaching and an outstanding variety of work. You’ll gain business, personal and technical skills you can use across the business and throughout your career.
All our people need to demonstrate skills and behaviours that will support us in implementing our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework: The PwC Professional.
On the ARQ programme, you’ll learn how to use complex financial and statistical theories to weigh up risks and estimate the odds of what might happen. Just as importantly, you’ll develop a flair for presenting your findings in simple, easy-to-understand language. What’s more, early client exposure will broaden your experience.
As an actuary, you’ll work with uncertainty. Using complex financial and statistical theories to calculate the likelihood of events, you’ll work out what that means financially for clients. Our work makes a difference in determining insurance premiums, managing financial risks for banks, or establishing a company’s retirement plan.
To apply for the ARQ programme:
- You may apply at any point during your honours year of study.
- You must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, with excellent marks
- If you have your degree, you must have passed some actuarial exams and be committed to completing all actuarial examinations
- We will consider you if you studied any quantative field and wish to pursue a career as an actuary
Skills and behaviours we are looking for:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, drive, determination and output driven
- Leadership potential, professionalism and integrity
- Proficiency in English and good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Broader business knowledge, ability to think out of the box to deliver quality solutions that our clients seek
- Strong analytical skills and a good background in statistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present and explain complex findings clearly and with impact
- Proficiency in MS Excel and experience with AXIS software is an asset
- You will mainly focus on life insurance and banking industries, with additional expertise in the health, short-term insurance, employee benefits and asset management markets. You will gain experience in the following fields:
- Financial modelling
- Financial reporting
- M&A and capital structuring
- Risk & capital management
- Credit risk model design and validation
- Regulatory solutions
- Embedded value services
- Actuarial process improvement and actuarial governance
- Strategic review and market entry
- People and data analytics
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
We know that the skills and experiences you gain with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We’ll help you to reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.