If you’re an Airport Operator who’s gained some valuable experience in aircraft fueling and HSSE standards experience, this role could give you the chance to continuously grow your career.
Where you fit in
We work as one team and are committed to excellence and accountable for coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing. We believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate and develop; but most of all, be yourself.
What’s the role?
We’ll entrust you with Aircraft fuelling, HSSE Management and stakeholder management. You’ll be expected to:
- Operate at the correct standards in a team that provides receipt, storage and loading operations.
- Ensure Product Quality process is fulfilled during receipt process
- Comply and enforce HSSE standards and procedures including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements.
- Take respectful intervention actions when drivers, contractors, crews or personnel do not obey rules.
- Steer and control the product receipt, storage and loading operations at the terminal.
- Check fuel product is in line with specification, apply terminal product handling, product transfer procedures and apply product control and measurement by ensuring correct meter reconciliation daily.
- Execute tank dipping, tank sampling & sampling while fuelling
- Awareness of permit to work process, confined space entry, control of electrostatic hazards and working at heights.
- Knowledge of firefighting, emergency response/oil spill management awareness
- Assist as a trouble-shooter when systems fail.
- Verify that during the discharge there are no spills that could harm the environment; verify that the pumping pressure is not exceeded
- Remain in constant communication with other operators via two-way radios – to be able to stop the discharge in case of an emergency
- Assist Superintendent with investigation of stock Reconciliation Losses/Gains
- Understand bulk gantry operations
- Check trucks for Safe Loading Pass
- Conduct daily Terminal Safety Walkabouts, report NM/PI and Incidents on Fountain Management System (FIM)
Naturally, you’re the kind of person who can fill aircraft fuel, conducts maintenance checks and well experienced with HSSE.
What we need from you:
- Matric with Math, English and Science;
- Working experience in a technical area, preferably at a Tank Farm / Terminal Operations and Aviation operations;
- Driver’s license.
- Terminal Operations – Skill
- Product Handling and Control – Skill
- Depot Operations and Asset Management – Knowledge
- HSSE Management – Awareness
- ACE Training – Skill
- Team working – Knowledge
Nice to have – Maintenance background
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply On Company Site