The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university anchored in Africa and intent on global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice.
The successful candidate will be responsible to do the following tasks:
- Implement equipment service specifications in accordance with the university requirements
- Physical performance of duties as specified within SLA, job plans, occupational health and safety act, codes of good practice and relevant Legislation
- Conduct maintenance on Building roofs, building doors & building partitions as per schedule, preventative or emergency fault rectification
- Perform inspection of facility, Carpeting equipment on site, identify areas of risk & report back for rectification
- Assist in making sure that infrastructure is optimally available for use by our customers.
- To perform standby duties as and when required
- Training of general workers in general maintenance
- Ensure quality of work & timeous completion of all field requests
- Assist in the compilation of Assets and register them on our Computerized Maintenance Management systems.
- Assist in maintenance strategies and tactics as well as scheduling of tasks in the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Provide constant feedback to the Manager & Client on restoration of operations
- Carpentry Trade test Certificate
- N3 qualification or Grade 12
- 5 years in trade, with experience in Carpeting maintenance equipment.
- A valid code 08 Drivers License
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Technical knowledge with a strong focus on work standards and customer, demonstrate ability to work in a team, analyse & resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, travel within various sites, work overtime within reason & serve on Stand-by.
- Action orientated, calm & composed, established technical knowledge, & team orientated disposition.
- Experience as a Builder, Welding, Plumbing or Trade test of either of the three is not a requirement, however, it will serve as a strong recommendation.
- Willingness to undergo further skills training.
- Willingness to work overtime and to do standby if and when you are required.
- Computer literate, proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Outlook (Intermediate skill-level).
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Mr. Izak van Aswegen on (011) 559-2261
To submit your application for the above-mentioned post, please register (first-time users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) or login (existing users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) by going to the website of the UJ e-recruitment portal (http://jobs.uj.ac.za) and uploading a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
After registration or login kindly apply online for the position by completing the online questionnaire.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details:
0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com