Closing date: 28 February 2019
Operating entity: Sasol Mining (Syferfontein)
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Management of the maintenance process in area of responsibility to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM.
- Deliver products and service in accordance with customer requirements
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintenance of mining equipment
- Liaise with Service Provider using the equipment
- Fault finding in Diesel equipment
- Team work
- Training of operators and hired labour
- Manage fleet of Diesel Machinery, tractors, LHD’s
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12 / N3 (with Maths AND Science AND English/Business English)
- NQF4 Diesel Mechanic Trade Test
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flameproof Certificate
- Gas Testing Certificate
- 2-5 years’ experience as a qualified Diesel Mechanic
- Mining equipment experience (Diesel Machinery, tractors, LHD’s)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Self Mastery- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Ability to work independently
Good interpersonal relations
Good negotiation skills
Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP) ( wish )
Team motivational skills
Good communication skills
Committed to Sasol values
Ability to work under pressure
Organising resources and initiative
Team leadership skills
Ability to operate independently as well as in a team
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
Apply On Company Site