PURPOSE AND ROLE IN THE BUSINESS:
The purpose of this position is to provide electrical services within Pit Services Section of the Engineering Department at Venetia Mine.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Education & Experience)
- Grade 12 certificate or relevant NQF 4 qualification.
- Relevant Trade certificate (Electrical)
- Valid EB/Code 08 Drivers License.
- Certified competent as Electrician.
- 3 – 5 years continuous experience in electrical maintenance.
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine.
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suit.
- Working on heights is a requirement.
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
Business/ Financial/ Professional/Technical/ Operational:
- Sound knowledge in the maintenance, repairs and fault finding of the following equipment:
- Motor protection systems
- Electrical safety and switching devices and practices
- LT Substations
- Strong operating and troubleshooting skills, especially with regards to Electrical.
- Upholding of safety, health and environmental standards to achieve ZERO HARM by ensuring adherence to Security and SHE policies and procedures.
- Planning and control of maintenance schedules.
- Good communication skills (to line manager and electrical operatives).
- High energy level.
- For internal applicants, strictly complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. You are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form.
- Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan.
- External search: Yes/No
- Secondment terms: Yes/No
- Submit applications on or before the Closing Date: 16 November 2018
- Website: www.angloamerican.com/careers
- Should you not have heard from the HR Department four weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Apply On Company Site