Job Title: Artisan Gr2: Mechanical Fitter
Closing date: 02 November 2018
Operating entity: Sasol Secunda Synfuels Operation
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: Powerstation Mechanical Mills
Role category: Process Implementation
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support production by providing effective equipment maintenance and reliability while adhering to procedure/codes and utilizing all available support resources to increase stability and maintain sustainability of the plant and/or equipment.
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
- Compliance of Safety Management
- Able to apply emergency procedures
- Read interpret and implement task risk assessment
- Hazard identification
- Conduct relevant inspections
- Execution of tasks associated with maintenance inspections and strategies
- Able to assist with modifications/upgrades on existing control systems
- Able to scope and execute small projects
- Knowledge of MOC (management of change) process and requirements
- Data and document extraction and analysis (fault finding, trends etc.)
- Control valve overhaul, inspection and test experience
- Knowledge of boilers (Advantage)
- A practical understanding of functional safety systems, eg. SIL
- A practical understanding of EX and hazardous area classifications, eg. IS, Ex
- Support with Shutdown planning and execution
- Full compliance to section 14 of the OHS act, employee safety.
- Proactive identification and correction of defects and preventative maintenance
- Work in diverse work team under supervision of plant Maintenance Foreman
- RFA Fitness – This position requires pre-employment medical examination which includes a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria
- Grade 12 with Maths, Science & English or N3 Maths, Science and Business English
- Relevant NQF 4 trade certificate and /or
- NQF 4 qualification (CHIETA accredited)
- Proven competence in pre-identified area of the plant/equipment/systems (proven application of training) for Artisan.
- Understand and use the plant maintenance document system.
- Previous experience on a heat exchanger, pumps, compressors and generators would be an advantage.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Functional / Technical
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Effective communication
- Develop productive working relationships
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Apply On Company Site