Closing date: 30 November 2018
Operating entity: Natcos
Geographical area: Kwa-Zulu Natal, Isipingo
Role category: Process Implementation
Job level: C1_ 08
Natcos is primarily a bulk crude oil storage facility situated in KwaZulu Natal. Crude oil (at the Prospecton facility) is received via the offshore single bouy mooring (SBM) and pumped into tanks via the 48” underground pipeline. The product is then stored and all ballast water is allowed to settle and drained from the storage tanks before being transferred to the Fynnlands facility or directly to Petronet via a 16” pipeline. The Prospecton facility receives stores and dispatches only crude oil and consists of 15 x 32 700m3 bulk storage tanks.
Different refined products (Petrol, Diesel and Reformate) can be received into the four tanks at Site 1. The white oil products are received via the Berth 9 facility situated ± 2km from Site (Durban Harbour) and distributed to Natref via Petronet and also customers operating within the Cutler Complex.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support production by providing effective equipment maintenance and reliability while adhering to procedure/codes, and utilizing all available support resources to increase stability and maintain sustainability of the plant and /or equipment
- Compliance of Safety Management Systems e.g. IMS, MBO, etc
- Able to apply emergency procedures
- Read interpret and implement task risk assessment
- Hazard identification/task risk assessments
- Conducts relevant inspections (inspections completed).
- Knowledge of and reacts to emergency procedures and exercises appropriately (Feedback from Foreman/Emergency controllers)
- Tasks executed/assessed according to specified requirements (Feedback from Foreman).
- Participates in Hazard identification and task risk assessments (Training records)
- Do daily plant preventative inspection.
- Conduct fault finding on mechanical equipment.
- Be able to use Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Apply basic rigging practices (overhead cranes, forklifts, chain blocks, lever hoist, come along slings, chain, hooks, shackles, eye bolts).
- Interpret readings/measurements on relevant equipment.
- Maintain mechanical valves (gate, butterfly, globe, ball, non return and diaphragm valves, plug valves, multi port valves).
- Remove/replace maintain and repair gear boxes.
- Bearing maintenance (various types).
- Alignment of shaft couplings on pumps, gearboxes and compressors.
- Maintenance of pumps and simple rotating equipment.
- Maintenance and pressure testing of equipment (tanks).
- Maintain personal safety and safety for others according to procedures.
- Standby duties.
- Utilised SAP in the maintenance environment (CMMS).
- Participate in risk assessments (HIRA) and HAZOPS.
- Control valve, shut off valve, actuator maintenance.
- Root cause analysis.
18 months experience as an Artisan-Mechanical Fitter Gr 2
’s license (Code 8/10) (Must)
- Grade 12 with Maths, Science and English or Full N3 Maths, Science and Business English
- Relevant NQF 4 trade certificate and or
- NQF 4 qualification (CHIETA/MQA preferred) and/or
- Section 28 trade tested artisan, appointed after RPL completed
Reading and interpretation of mechanical drawings.
Experience in a variety of mechanical equipment, pumps, compressors, drives, mechanical seals, gearboxes, and tanks.
Complete centralised Training centre Upgrading test
- Complete plant specific practical evaluation (assessment panel agreed upon)
- Computer literate – MS Office (excel, word)
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Business and financial results
- Proven competence in pre-identified areas of the plant/equipment/systems (proven application of
Training) for Artisan
- Understand and use the plant maintenance documentation system
- Understand planning work management system
- Relevant plant specific/basic process knowledge (defined per discipline)
- Compliance of Plant/Mine Specific Technical training matrices and task observations (Foreman & Training feedback)
- Execute critical tasks and assessed and recorded by assessor, eg Foreman and Trainer
- Signed off job cards, permits, inspection checklists etc (evidence of documents). Conduct quality equipment/plan inspections. (Job cards initiated from inspection)
- Work management adherence (can explain to Foreman).
- Demonstrates applicable process knowledge (can explain the basic process)
- Liase with Production
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Maintain a safe working area and good housekeeping,
- Job maturity.
- Sense of ownership
- Able to work independently.
- Proactive identification of equipment failures in advance.
- Work according to work permit RSA.
- Maintain mechanical seals
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Being self-motivated
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Goal/achievement orientation
- Openness to continuous learning
- Value based behaviour
- Liaise with production
- Maintain a safe working area and good housekeeping
- Job maturity
- Sense of ownership
- Able to work independently
- Proactive identification of equipment failures in advance
- Work according to work permit RSA
Understand and committed to STAR work management process.
- Self disciplined
- Analytical thinker
- Team orientated
Details on how to apply
Applicants must apply on line via the career centre on the recruitment page. Kindly be advised that only applications received via the e-recruitment centre will be considered. Please note that you copies of your Matric certificate with Maths, Science and English or FULL N3 with Maths, Science and Business English, ID, Drivers license and Trade certificate must be part of the application otherwise it will render your application null and void.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Follow us on:
YouTube | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram
Apply online for Artisan – Mechanical Fitter Gr 1