Business Unit: Base Chemicals
Closing date: 16 November 2018
Base Chemicals markets a broad portfolio of commodity chemicals globally. The business consists of three key divisions: Polymers, Solvents, and Explosives & Fertilisers (E&F).
Our key products include:
polymers (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride);
solvents (ketones, alcohols, acrylates), chlor-alkali chemicals (caustic soda, hydrochloric acid) and mining reagents (cyanide);
bulk and packaged explosives including specialised blasting accessories;
ammonium nitrate base products; and
To support our customers we operate a Polymer Technology Services Center that provides research and development relating to polymer-related applications. We also provide agronomic and product support to our fertiliser customers as well as full blasting service and product support to our mining industry customers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure continuous vehicles availability through effective maintenance and service. To maintain vehicles and handling of breakdowns at all sites.
REQUIRED OUTPUTS : FUNCTIONAL
- Faultfinding on electrical and Hydraulic systems.
- Handle mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Hydraulic faultfinding and maintenance
- Preventative maintenance
- Daily liaison with maintenance personnel regarding equipment & spares at mines.
- Assist in technical investigations
- Identification of defects and reporting to supervisor
- Manage of safety issues
- Order spares required from the stores and for maintenance
- All safety aspects at workplace
- Maintains of explosive plants and trucks in SA and aboard
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED:
- Grade 12/ N3 with Maths and Science (must)
- Trade Test certificate – Electro mechanic (Millwright) – Red ticket
- 5 to 10 years experience as a electro mechanic (Millwright)
- Must be in possession of a valid drivers licence (Min code 10 ), wish code 11
- Give input on continuous improvement initiatives
- Share and implement best practices
- Adhere to all safety and work standards
- Adhere to all legal requirements.
- Able to communicate in Afrikaans and English.
Apply On Company Site