Closing date: 11 February 2019
Operating entity: Satellite Operations
Geographical Location: Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa
Role Category: Process Implementation
Comprises a diverse portfolio of operations that includes a 3 000 km network of natural gas, methane-rich gas, chemicals and fuel pipeline infrastructure, a wax blending plant and two explosives operations. In addition, we are responsible for operating assets owned by two joint ventures, namely Republic of Mozambique Pipeline Investment Company (Rompco) and Sasol Dyno Nobel (SDN).
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
General and pressure equipment welding maintenance and fabrication in the Machine workshop to enable production units to reach production targets.
- Inspection and general fault finding on trade related tools, machinery and workshop equipment.
- Maintenance welding on mechanical and pressure equipment.
- Welding with different processes on different materials to fabricate mechanical and pressure equipment.
- Comply with safety standards and codes.
- Identify unsafe acts and conditions and bring it to the attention of management.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to team members.
- Practical test plate will be recruitment process.
- Grade 12 with Math, Science and English or N3 with Math, Science and Business English
- NQF 4 Welder Occupational Trade certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience after qualifying
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a qualified welder after trade test.
- Petrochemical plant and equipment. (Wish)
- Pressure vessel fabrication will be an advantage. (Wish)
- Maintenance / refurbishing of pressure equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and fabricate from engineering drawings.
- Ability to read, interpret and set machine in accordance with WPS.
- Qualified on carbon steel, stainless steel and low alloy steels.
- Qualified on GTAW and SMAW processes.
- FCAW ability will be an advantage.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Knowledge of types and grades of materials.
- Knowledge of different types of processes and their application.
- Small bore and tube-to-tube sheet welding experience. (Wish)
- First line inspection of own work before supervisor and QC inspections.
- Deliver high quality work and maintain high productivity.
- Understand basic welding parameters such as run out ratio, heat input, welding symbols, pre-heat, etc.
- Correct consumable control and handling.
- Attention to detail.
- Overhead crane license. (Wish)
- Basic rigging up to 5 ton. (Wish)
- Commitment and dedication to work.
- Willing to train and develop self and the team.
- Working on a two week shift roster.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required.
- Perform stand-by duties.
- Knowledge of ISO 3834 / PER / SANS 347
- Be safety conscious and orientated for self and the team.
- Maintain good housekeeping principals.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Apply On Company Site