Bergrivier Local Municipality invites graduates to apply for Internal Audit Internships Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: 10 December 2020 at 15:00
Internship Location: Piketberg, Western Cape
Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social wellbeing, community involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the following vacancy and awaits applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements.
- A three (3) – year Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma in Internal Auditing or Risk Management
- Proficiency in at least two (2) of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa – Speak, Read and Write) · Code B driver’s licence
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Applications)
- High level of responsibility and ability to give attention to detail
- Accountancy and numeracy skills
- Report Writing skills
- Basic knowledge of monthly reconciliations
- Knowledge and or experience with regards to Internal Audit processes
- Good communication skills
How to apply
VISIT APPLICATION LINK
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at Tel. 022 913 6000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification, certificates , ID document, and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one per application form), to reach the Municipal offices, Piketberg or mailed to P.O. Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Ms. W Terry Thomas (Human Resources Officer: Provision and Administration) by no later than the closing date.
NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
- The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
- The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
- All applicants will be subjected to police clearance with the consent of the applicant.
- Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
- Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
- In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby, as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
- Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and where necessary, write a trade test.
Enquiries: Ms J Erasmus at 022 913 6000