||Institution: West Coast TB Centre (stationed at ID Hospital, Malemsbury) (West Coast District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate cleaning experience in a Health facility or Hospital environment.
Inherent requirements for the job:
- Physically able to lift and move heavy objects and work on feet for a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to work shifts (weekends and public holidays).
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
Competencies (knowledge and skills):
- Knowledge of infection control and safety procedures of a hospital or clinic environment.
- Good communication skills (read, speak and write) in at least two of the three languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, independently and unsupervised, accept accountability and responsibility.
- Able to handle conflict and the ability to work under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Render an effective, efficient and safe hygienic and domestic service in Nursing Component.
- Contributes to effective management of domestic responsibilities and support to supervisors.
- Contributes to effective utilization and functioning of apparatus and equipment.
- Support to foodservice and laundry services.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment, i.e. polisher, scrubbing machines, mops, brooms and buckets are cleaned after usage and securely stored.
- Assist with serving of meals and beverages to patients.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Awartland Courant 15/8/2018, PSVC 33/2018)