Closing Date: 31 August 2018
Reference Number: (Table Talk 8/8/2018, PSVC 32/2018)
Component: Department of Health
Institution: Du Noon CHC (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences And Support Personnel
Service benefits: 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Salary: R96 549 per annum
Salary Level: Level 2
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate cleaning experience in a Health facility and Hospital environment.
Inherent requirement of the job
- Ability to lift or move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the correct methods of handling and disposal of refuse or waste products and adherence to policy and cleaning practices.
Duties (key result areas/outputs)
- General cleaning and maintenance (sweeping, refuse removal, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, polishing with a polisher, cleaning hospital grounds, cleaning of windows, walls and equipment or machines, sorting and provision of hospital linen).
- Effective utilisation and storage of cleaning material and equipment, stock control, and replenishing of stock in departments.
- Adhere to safety precautions and ensure adherence to occupational health and safety policies.
- Maintain high standard of neatness and hygiene in the facility.
- Optimal support to Housekeeper and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Instructions To Applicants
Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department must Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver
’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Table Talk 8/8/2018, PSVC 32/2018)
Metro Health Services
Southern/Western sub structure
DP Marais Nurses Home
P.O. Box 30360
(Attention Mr F Le Roux)
Enquiries: Ms T Petshwa