Kantar is home to some of the world’s leading research, data and insight companies. Kantar is comprised of 12 world-class specialised businesses, including Kantar Added Value, Kantar Media, Kantar Retail, Kantar Worldpanel, Kantar Millward Brown and Kantar TNS.
Collectively, they offer the most complete view of the global consumer: the way we live, shop, vote, watch and tweet. Our offer covers the breadth of techniques and technologies, from purchase and media data to predicting long term trends; from neuroscience to exit polls, from large scale quantitative studies to qualitative research.
Kantar’s value to clients lies increasingly in the connections we can make between these businesses. Connecting different data-sets results in richer and deeper insights generating customised, more effective solutions and services to our clients. We also provide access to other partners and the riches of the wider WPP parent group, the world leader in marketing communications services with 3,000 offices in 111 countries.
What can you expect from “Us”?
The KGP programme is designed to offer 8 top local graduates an exciting career in market research with 2 of Kantar’s South Africa based businesses. The Client Service Internship at Kantar 2018 provides exciting opportunities that includes the option to rotate between our Brands.
You will receive a world class Research Experience and Exposure as a Trainee in TNS and Millward Brown. This 12 month program will provide you with one of the best working experiences and a taste of what Kantar companies are about via rotation and exposure to three sister companies. You could gain expertise and understanding of branding, product development, communication and marketing strategies; you will extend yourself beyond market research to “see the client’s side”.
What do we expect from “You”?
- We expect you to be Passionate about the learning’s you will take from this great opportunity.
- We expect you to be Impactful to take up the challenges and contribute the best way you can.
- We expect you to be Supportive to your team and the way you approach your work.
- We expect you to be Creative and be bold to explore ideas and new ways of doing things.
- We expect you to be Trustworthy so you and your team can foster great working relationship and work ethics.
Main purpose of the job
- Work with your line manager to set up and run research projects
- Build a strong day-to-day working relationship with the operational departments to ensure the smooth running of projects through the department
- Checking research materials
- Learn and apply market research skills
- Learn about your clients’ markets (set up and maintain knowledge files)
- To ensure that Millward Brown and TNS offer client service and levels of research expertise that is second to none.
- Setting up of projects under supervision
- Interdepartmental project management
- Questionnaire design & management
- Preparing fieldwork materials under supervision
- Specking and checking of code frames
- Data/chart/coding specking and checking
- Initial analysis of data and report preparation
- Checking and proofreading presentations
- Travel to client meetings as and when required (very occasionally may require overnight trips)
- Internal presentations
- General project administration and client filesContact reports for client meetings
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience
- 3 year degree, preferably in Research, Marketing, Stats, Business Science, Economics
- No previous research experience is required but a passion for brands and advertising is a must, a curiosity to understand consumer thinking and opinion and a desire to advise clients how to improve their brand’s performance in the market place.
- Previous in-house media planning knowledge / experience an advantage.
- A natural aptitude for Quant / Qual / Brand development
Technical Competencies required:
- PC literacy in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills
- Numerical competency
CLICK HERE TO APPLY – Durban
CLICK HERE TO APPLY – Johannesburg
CLICK HERE TO APPLY – Cape Town