||Institution: Victoria Hospital, Wynberg (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Nursing And Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Basic R425 qualification (i.e. diploma or degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse.
- A post-basic nursing qualification with a duration of at least one-year, accredited with SANC in Clinical Nursing Science, Health Assessment, Treatment and Care (R48) accredited with the SANC.
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse.
- Grade 1: A minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognisable nursing experience after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- Grade 2: A minimum of 14 years appropriate/recognisable nursing experience after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least 10 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience after obtaining the 1-year post-basic qualification as mentioned above.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Willingness to work overtime and be on call as per roster.
- Experience in clinical forensic nursing or willingness to learn in this area.
- Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Problem solving, report-writing, liaison and facilitation skills.
- Basic computer skills in (i.e. MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Manage and provide clinical forensic services to clients attending the unit.
- Liaise with SAPS and the Justice system where necessary.
- Do physical examinations and prescribe appropriately.
- Provide counselling to rape survivors and treat in line with protocol.
- Collect data and submit reports.
- Manage financial resources of the department.
- Be involved in human resource management of the component.
- Engage in training and development of staff.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Career Junction 10/8/2018, Argus 11/8/2018, Southern Mail 15/8/2018, PSVC 33/2018)