|Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Emptying and cleaning of waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
• Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
• Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
• Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
• Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
• Using electrically powered pick up machines.
• Working at heights may include using high level equipment.
• To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, windowsills, external surfaces of cupboards, shelves and fitments.
• To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) as directed or in line with standard operating procedures.
• To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
• Deep cleaning of ablutions.
• Cleaning of Drains.
• Working in the gardens which may include removal of weed, using of pesticides, cutting of lawns and pruning of trees and shrubs.
• The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the execution of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
• To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning at prescribed heights limits.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
• Cleaners are to report to the supervisor or Team leader in charge, any factors that are likely to affect his/her work which they consider that the caretaker or cleaner in charge should be aware.
• The location of cleaning areas may need to be changed to meet the needs of the establishment.
• May be required to work alone or in teams.
• Not necessarily appointed to a specific location within the establishment.
• May be expected to train colleagues on the job from time to time.
• All staff are expected to be courteous to colleagues and visitors and provide a welcoming environment to all on site.