Date: Mar 16, 2020
Location: Midrand, GT, ZA
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 81300 – Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Scope of Responsibility
The Customer Development Team Leader is responsible for net sales, Gross to Net, profitability and market share objectives for the Pharmacy & Lifestyle Channel . The CD Team Leader plays a leadership role in driving profitable growth by ensuring marketing, selling, financial and supply chain guidelines are utilized to the greatest effect by the customer development team to optimize business opportunities. He/She is responsible for all aspects of engaging with and building strong relationships with customers to secure strategic and collaborative partnerships.
Essential Job Functions
- Customer Development
- Implement customer strategies that are consistent with the broader organisational vision. Ensure that these strategies take into account a range of internal factors such as category and brand strategy as well channel and retail environment strategy. Also integrating external factors such as supplier/vendor capacity and capability, customer strategy and executional guidelines, competition, economic environment, etc into the development and implementation of growth driving solutions and tactics.
- Ensure “winning at the shelf” is a top priority for the team, and that 5P tactics and demand marketing initiatives are executed with excellence at the point of sale
- Ensure that overall strategies are translated into specific short term and long term operational objectives (e.g., targets for distribution, volume, profitability, merchandising, trade stock holding levels, and market share) and priorities.
- Working with the CD function, constantly review and update the go-to-market strategy in a manner that provides a proper level of service aligned with the business strategy, design and implement terms and conditions that will drive the business and improve efficiencies.
- Driving the goal alignment process with the customer in order to identify the most important areas of focus and key priorities, in alignment with the overall strategy for the South Africa region and ensure annual joint business plans are developed
- Maintain transparent/fair, performance-based terms & conditions and consistent discretional investment that delivers against revenue growth management principles and deliverables
- Optimise resources and leverage trade spending across channels, categories, and brands/products given Colgate’s strategic direction
- Monitor sales performance, gross to net, and working capital and take action to improve performance
- Ensure accurate and timely demand plans
- Establishment of and overall leadership of the customer development function
- Driving the goal alignment process with key stakeholders in order to identify the most important areas of focus and priorities, in alignment with the overall strategy for the South African region and all functions
- Assist the development of people in the organisation through effective implementation of the performance management system, including individual objective setting, coaching and feedback, training & development activities, and recruiting and succession planning.
- Understanding and managing the Key Financials for the Pharmacy & Lifestyle Customer Development team. This includes, and is not limited to, P&L management, credit to cash management
- Monitoring performance, gross to net, margin improvement, volume growth and working capital and taking action to improve performance
- Receivables management: ensure that terms are consistent with in-market practices, and those receivables terms are fair, based on standard in-market terms and required inventory coverage.
Essential Job Requirements
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or NQF equivalent is required. Postgraduate coursework in Business and/or a Master’s in Business Administration is desirable.
- A track record of performance as measured by sales and SOM growth, with at least 5-10 years of increasing sales and customer management responsibility, preferably with a FMCG
- Previous experience working in a complex environment which will include but not limited to Pharmacy (Clicks & Dischem), eCommerce, third party service providers
- Functional Customer Management and Field Sales operational experience.
- A proven demonstration of the skill set as detailed in the below competencies.
- International business experience in business unit management, sales and/or customer development prefered but not essential
- Finance and analytical skills
- Strategic and Creative Thinking:
Develops innovative strategies to grow Colgate’s and the customer’s business based on the most relevant marketplace, consumer, shopper, and financial trends. Understands product and competitive factors driving results and proactively shares with Marketing and Customer Marketing to influence decisions relating to new product development, packaging, and trade spending. Identifies and seizes significant opportunities to grow the business; thinks in terms of local concerns and global needs
- Consumer/Shopper Understanding:
Spends time learning and understanding why and how consumers and shoppers make their buying and shopping decisions
- Customer Negotiating:
Makes tough financial decisions that are strategically beneficial for CP. Recognizes and understands the drives and emotions of others and adapts approach accordingly. Anticipates and prepares for the challenging questions from others.
- Business/financial Analysis:
Understands drivers of profitability and margins for both CP and the distributor; uses objective, fact based information (customer data, research, Mfg Pro, syndicated data) to make decisions; develops insightful conclusions from complex information; knows how to develop and manage a complex budget. Understands fully the inter-relationship of P&L, Cash generation and Balance Sheet.
- Supply Chain Perspective:
Understands the cost structure of the supply chain and pushes for opportunities for cost savings, efficiencies, and improved customer service
- Business and Global Perspective:
Stays abreast of external business developments and understands their potential impact on Colgate’s performance; brings cross disciplinary knowledge to bear on issues and opportunities; focuses on profitability and considers cost options when making decisions
Keeps people well informed of plans, goals and objectives; provides clear understanding of job priorities and performance expectations; clearly and simply expresses ideas and concepts. Acknowledges good work, respectfully corrects inadequacies and manages with respect as per CP’s guidelines and expectations.
- Managing and Coaching People:
Effectively recruits and retains top talent and provides challenging and motivating work that helps people grow professionally. Provides the resources people need to succeed
- Team Building:
Encourages people to work as team and facilitates a sense of belonging to the organization and the company
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Apply Online for Colgate: Learnership Programme 2020
The post Colgate: General Worker Positions appeared first on Latest Jobs.