Mirum is looking for a Community Manager Intern with a strong understanding of social media and how it fits into the bigger digital picture, to manage various online social communities on behalf of some enviable clients!
The ideal candidate would be happy multi-tasking, is pro-active, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, a problem-solver, wants to make an impact and can competently engage with our clients’ audiences on various social media platforms.
They should not be afraid to get their hands dirty and grow with a growing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving engagement and conversations with the community and ultimately establishing brand loyalty.
- Responding to and addressing the community’s queries and complaints efficiently, professionally, and timeously, as well as according to each brand’s strategy and tone.
- Liaising closely with brands’ customer service teams to successfully manage complaints and queries.
- Liaising with client and or client service to address key queries around online communities.
- Identifying tactical and relevant opportunities to engage with the community.
- Publishing social media competitions, collating entries, and managing the winner selection process.
- Live posting from events.
- Ensuring content is posted timeously across social media platforms.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest trends within the digital and social media landscape.
- Compiling weekly / monthly social media platform reports and campaign reports.
- Working weekends as and when needed.
Experience & Skills
- Time management and multitasking skills – ability to prioritise and track time.
- Knowledge and understanding of and proficiency in Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest), as well as emerging platforms etc. and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Professional demeanour internally and externally when dealing with clients.
- Effective communication skills coupled with good presentation skills.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Software & Qualifications
- Relevant Undergraduate degree (Marketing, Communications, English, Media Studies).
- MS Office and Google Docs.
- Previous experience as a Community Manager in either a company or agency beneficial.
- Proficiency in at least one South African language other than English and Afrikaans is an advantage.
- Experience in ORM and Social Media tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Sprinklr is an advantage.
- An understanding of social media platform guidelines, policies, and best practices.
- An understanding of copyright infringement and consumer privacy on digital platforms.
Location: Cape Town
If this sounds like you, great! Send your CV and 5-line motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: if you have not been contacted in two weeks please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Only short list candidates will be contacted via email.