Independent Media – Content Producer Vacancy in S.Africa Feb 2018
||Cost to company
||Cape Town, CBD, Cape Town
||Employment Equity position
Weekend Argus Sunday has a vacancy for a Content Producer. The successful incumbent will be responsible to create, edit and post online content using variety of electronic devices and tools (smart phones, videos, cam cords and cameras) for use across multi media, multi platforms and across verticals (print and digital).
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Conceptualising of current, newsworthy and trending content ideas for a variety of platforms
- Developing breaking stories emanating from print diaries for online
- Producing broadcast / Online quality content for all platforms
- Tweets or blogs unique content for Independent
- Supplies links, pictures, audio and / videos
- Using social media to break news and engage with online audience
- Producing content that is well researched, accurate, balanced and well written
- Follow up on online stories / content
- Being the bridge between the newsroom and Live Editor to take the newsroom digital first, print best
- Initiate stories / content
- Manage a short / long term dairy
- Manage a team of staff
- Meet deadline demands of the title whilst projecting a positive image
- Establish a superior network of contacts
- And able to perform any other functions as and when required
- Must have tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years journalism work experience working on multiple platforms
- Must be computer literate in MS office, Prestige and Social Media
- An in-depth understanding of what comprises good local news as well as national and global issues.
- A thorough understanding of issues affecting Cape Town and South Africa.
- A good understanding of the legalities affecting journalism.
- A wide general knowledge
- Able to rewrite copy
- Valid driver’s licence
- The ability to cope with the constant pressure of strict deadlines.
- Be tech savvy.
- Have the technical ability to report on multiple media platforms.
- The ability to generate ideas and to be innovative.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- An excellent command of English.
- Strong interpersonal and team-work skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be willing and flexible to work irregular hours, including weekends and public holidays
Posted on 19 Feb 10:38