Danone Southern Africa (Pty), a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for Artisan: Millwright South Africa (ZA) Boksburg Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!
To execute preventative maintenance and fix all breakdowns on the machines. Comply with GMP requirements
SUMMARY OF KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Adhere to quality, safety, health, housekeeping and environmental standards/criteria, policies and procedures
- Execute preventative maintenance and fix all breakdowns on the machines to ensure optimal functioning of the packaging / processing / utilities areas.
- Complete all required documentation as per standard
- Participate in team and shift handover meetings as required
- Coach and guide team members (as appropriate) particularly on maintenance related activities and problem-solving techniques
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, procedures, policies and practices
- Fix all breakdowns and execute preventative maintenance and/or scheduled maintenance, always adhering to high standards of workmanship
- Adhere to HACCP and CIP protocols
- Comply with housekeeping standards: ensure that work area and machinery is kept clean at all times, clean work areas and machinery as required
Food Safety and Quality:
- Ensure adherence to Food Safety and Quality principles as included in the policies, procedures, product specifications and processes. This also includes general Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and hygiene practices.
- Identify and report any potential Food Safety & Quality and GMP deviations and hazards.
- Ensure optimal functioning of the production line by executing preventative and reactive maintenance duties as per standard
- Attend to breakdowns timeously, thereby reducing production downtime.
- Minimize stoppages and increase plant availability by implementing plant maintenance strategies.
- Execute maintenance tasks within budget (i.e., reduce spare parts consumption where possible and attempt to curtail costs associated with breakdowns)
- Continuously identify cost effect ways of delivering world class service, identify cost saving initiatives and recommend improvements
- Lead maintenance specific problem solving initiatives
- Complete required maintenance documentation: use information to analyse machine performance (i.e., establish trends, etc.)
- Execute breakdown and scheduled maintenance within the agreed time frame
- Monitor the production line/s to ensure smooth operation at all times
- Assist in assembling, commissioning and decommissioning lines
- Make use of problem solving techniques (root cause analysis) to establish the reason why breakdowns occur in order to eliminate such breakdowns into the future.
- Uphold Good Manufacturing Practice principles.
- Complete CUTE documentation and adhere to DAMAWY procedures and process
- Complete all required documentation as required (maintenance, safety, quality, etc.)
- Participate in 15 minute team talk and in proper shift handover
- Encourage team members to strive for excellence in all they do
- Be the custodian of the Company Values and CODES
- Participate in monthly shift safety meetings
- Monitor KPIs and participate actively in initiatives aimed at achieving targets set.
- Actively engage with team members and management to ensure that shifts are properly attended in order to achieve production targets and reduce the pressure placed on other team members due to unplanned absences.
- Provide coaching and support to other team members particularly as it related to maintenance activities
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development (subject to budgetary constraints) and performance
- Ensure adherence to the environment policies, procedures and standards
- Adhere to safety regulations, procedures and policies
- Identify and report safety hazards
- Participate in safety incident/accident investigations as required
- Participate in safety dialogues as per guidelines
- Participate in safety audits and action plan implementation as and when required
- Comply with LOTO procedures and perform work in a safe manner at all times
Qualifications: N3, Qualified Millwright
Minimum experience & Skills:
- 2/3 years’ experience within a FMCG environment, Processing, Utilities and/or Packaging/Filling experience would be an advantage.
- Exposed to technical root cause analysis methodologies
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
- Solid technical/artisan skills/knowledge/competence
- Maintenance experience
- Passionate about maintenance methodologies/strategies and best practice
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Committed to deadlines and quick turnaround times
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, excellent interpersonal skills
- Results driven, self-motivated, pro-active and inquisitive
- Excellent service orientation
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?
Apply On Company Site
The post Danone: Artisan Assistant X2 appeared first on Latest Jobs.