|Institution: George Hospital (Chief Directorate: Rural Health Services)Core Title: Health Associated Sciences And Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate working experience in an Industrial Food Service Unit.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts (weekends and public holidays).
- Physically fit to lift heavy objects and ability to be on his or her feet for long periods.
- Must be able to speak clearly and legible.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Interpret recipes, do basic calculations and use a food scale.
- Ability to read and write accurately.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Pre-prepare and prepare normal and special diets.
- Dish up and distribute meals daily.
- Receipt and storage of food supplies.
- Follow hygiene and safety directives for the use of equipment and apparatus.
- Maintain general hygiene in the Food Service Unit.
- Maintain equipment and apparatus.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a competency test. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (George Herald 2/8/2018, PSVC 31/2018)