Closing Date: 7 December 2018
The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) will commence with its Graduate Internship Programme on 1 April 2019 and unemployed South African graduates residing in the Western Cape are invited to apply.
You may apply for the specific internship posts if you are in possession of a degree or diploma with an average mark of 60% in one of the following academic qualifications: Financial Management Systems; Financial Management; Accounting and Auditing; Human Resource Management / Development; Public Management; Office Management and Technology; Labour Relations Management or Project Management.
The WCED Graduate Internship Programme is a youth programme (focusing on ages 20 to 26) and will provide an opportunity to gain practical work experience for a maximum period of 24 months, whereby successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend of R5 728,54. Women and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please indicate by choosing a reference below, the district or office where you would prefer to be placed.
- Financial Management, Accounting and Auditing: Overberg (Caledon) (Ref. IP01OB) West Coast (Paarl) (Ref. IP01WC) Cape Winelands (Worcester) (Ref. IP01CW) Metro North (Parow) (Ref. IP01MN) Metro East (Kuils River) (Ref. IP01ME) Head Office (Cape Town) (Ref. IP01HO)
- Supply Chain / Procurement Management: Overberg (Caledon) (Ref. IP02OB) West Coast (Paarl) (Ref. IP02WC)
- Public Management: Metro North (Parow) (Ref. IP03MN) Metro South (Mitchells Plain) (Ref. IP03MS) Eden and Central Karoo (George) (Ref. IP03ECK)
- Human Resource Management and Labour Relations: Head Office (Cape Town) (Ref. IP04HO) Metro East (Kuils River) (Ref. IP04ME) Metro South (Mitchells Plain) (Ref. IP04MS) Metro Central (Maitland) (Ref. IP04MC)
- Office Management and Technology: Cape Winelands (Worcester) (Ref. IP05CW) Metro Central (Maitland) (Ref. IP05MC) Head Office (Cape Town) (Ref. IP05HO)
- Project Management: Head Office (Cape Town) (Ref. IP06HO) Metro Central (Maitland) (Ref. IP06MC) Cape Winelands (Worcester) (Ref. IP06CW)
Candidates must submit a completed Z83 form, obtainable from any government department, together with a certified copy of the relevant qualification and a South African barcoded ID book or South African ID card as well as the academic results certified by the academic institution.
How To Apply
Instructions to candidates: Clearly indicate on the application the correct reference number, preferred office for placement and academic field for the attention of Mr L Ndzongo, Directorate: Strategic People Management, Western Cape Education Department, Private Bag X9114, Cape Town 8001.
Please note: Copies of certified copies and faxes will not be accepted. The WCED will not be held responsible for any costs relating to relocation, subsistence and travelling.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Kindly accept that, if you do not hear from the WCED by 1 April 2019, your application was unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Mr L Ndzongo, tel. (021) 467-2190