||Institution: Du Noon CHC (1 post), Vanguard CHC (3 posts), Retreat CHC (1 post), Kensington CDC (1 post) (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing allowance, medical aid allowance
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate cleaning experience in a Health facility and Hospital environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Required to work shifts (weekends, public holidays, day/night duties and rotate in different departments according to operational needs and requirements).
- Good communication skills (read, speak and write) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the correct methods of handling and disposal of refuse /waste products and adherence to policy and cleaning practices.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- General cleaning and maintenance (i.e. dust, sweep, polish, scrub, mop, clean. windows/walls/equipment/machinery, refuse removal, sorting and provision of hospital linen).
- Effective utilisation and storage of cleaning material and equipment, stock control, and replenishing of stock in departments.
- Adhering to safety precautions and ensure adherence to occupational health and safety policies.
- Maintaining of a high standard of neatness and hygiene in the facility.
- Optimal support to Housekeeper and colleagues.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Interview invitation subject to outcome of a Pre-test (assessment).
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.