Closing Date : 08 February 2019
Ref No: 080219/08
Branch: Chief Operations Office Western Cape
Div: Data Management
Salary : R136 800 per annum (Level 04)
Centre : George
- A Grade 10 certificate.
- Driver’s License Code EC with valid PDP / Operator License (Certified copy must be attached).
- One (1) – three (3) years’ experience in driving.
- Experience in driving services.
- Knowledge in operating services.
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, process and organizational and government structures.
- Basic knowledge in technical services.
- Knowledge of government regulations, practice notes, circulars, and policy frameworks.
- Knowledge of Financial management and PFMA.
- Responsible for conducting quality assurance of driver/operator systems.
Implement best practice of driver/operator systems.
- Responsible for daily roadworthy inspections.
- Responsible to ensure that vehicles are serviced on time.
Analyze logistics operations.
- Transportation of personnel, equipment and materials.
- Collection of goods at suppliers and departmental stores.
- Maintenance of register regarding deliveries and pickups.
- Function in accordance with applicable legislative requirements.
- Routine maintenance of equipment.
- Routine inspection of visible defects around the exterior of the equipment and vehicles.
Attend to special requests.
- Recording of daily trips, fuel and fluids levels.
- Periodic checks on vehicles maintenance standards.
- Ensure that the place is clean, where equipment is kept in order to avoid fire hazards.
- Ensure the safekeeping of equipment and vehicles.
- Assist with maintenance work at gauging stations.
- Assist with refurbishment and construction work at gauging stations.
- Assist the technical personnel with special tasks.
Western Cape (George): Please Forward Your Applications Quoting The Relevant Reference Number To the Provincial Head: Western Cape, Department Of Water And Sanitation, Private Bag X16, Sanlamhof, 7532 Or Hand Deliver To Sigma Building, 3 Blanckenberg Road, And Bellville.
FOR ATTENTION : Ms K Melelo
NOTE : Persons with disabilities, African females, White females, Indian females, White males and Indian males are encouraged to apply
Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications.
Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment
ENQUIRIES : Mr J Kriel, Tel No: 044 802 – 2733