South Africa-Western Cape-Cape Town | Full-time | Permanent | Standard
IT’S NOT JUST AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ON THE CAREER LADDER.
IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THE WORLD GET ON TOGETHER
Why do people call us the world’s most international company? Is it because we operate in more countries than any other logistics provider? Is it because we invented cross border shipping over 45 years ago? Or is it, perhaps, because what we do connects people across the world. And the more we can connect people, the better life on earth becomes. We love our role in the world. And we’re looking for the right people to help us maintain – and grow it. People like you.
Leading the Area Heads of Sales (HOS) , provide input & Direction to the Core Sales Channel (LQ, TSE, FSE, National Channel). The primary activity will centre on ensuring the Global Sales Process (GSP) is effectively implemented and the SSA Sales Priorities are actively managed to achieve revenue growth, enhance customer retention and experience through acquisition, development and retention. To meet the SSA regional financial objectives and Group guidelines and policies.
- Provide input to the core sales strategy including sales forecast, budget and manpower plans – considering business strategy, financial objectives, Group guidelines and policies
- Develop plans for the areas with the HOS to generate revenue through the core sales team
- Scan the market, apply market intelligence, identify and contact prospective customers and build relationships to generate future sales and repeat business
- Evaluate customer’s business requirements and recommend appropriate products and services.
- Through the HOS structure and country commercial heads develop and deliver strategy to gain , retain global and regional customers.
- Pursue major prospects and lead negotiations and construct appropriate terms of sale.
- Direct and lead implementation planning with Marketing and ensure smooth execution of marketing campaigns supporting customer acquisition and retention programs.
- Through the HOS structure set goals and maintain records for the core sales activities.
- Direct and supervise HOS, Commercial Heads and Key Stakeholders team for achievement of goals by assigning work, timelines, reviewing output and managing performance
- Recruit, motivate, develop and coach team members in conjunction with the HOS
Education and experience
- Minimum 5 years Sales Management experience in an international service related environment with at least 4 years of experience in global express and/or freight forwarding business
- Strong Leadership and people management skills with the will to accelerate within a Global Corporate Business.
- Fluent in both English and French.
Click here to Apply Online for DHL Vacancies
VISIT APPLICATION LINK