Jacaranda FM – Digital Video Content Creator Vacancy in Midrand Feb 2018
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
We are looking to hire a professional digital video content creator with experience in shooting and editing short-form content for digital consumption, promotional/marketing purposes and live streaming video to Facebook/Youtube. If you are currently freelancing and looking for a full-time, permanent position, we would like to hear from you.
The position requires the candidate to be creative in producing visual content and to have the technical knowledge and aptitude to work with digital video and photography equipment and software packages for editing and live streaming.
Reporting to the programme manager you will be responsible to conceptualise, film, edit and direct video content for all digital platforms and promotional videos in line with the station’s strategy. Extremely quick turnaround time on short videos is essential.
Key performance areas include:
- Taking instruction briefs from programming and management team and execute to completion.
- Conceptualising, directing, filming and editing short-form content for digital consumption.
- Scheduling and sourcing of video material.
- Video editng and production for online video platforms.
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
- Attending shoots and filming video content for online video platforms.
- Writing copy abstracts to support video content.
- Uploading, testing and quality assurance of end product.
- Archiving and maintenance of video content.
- Develop production schedules.
- Evaluate analytics with online performance of videos.
- Steaming live video to the web with a multi-camera setup.
- Formal qualification in video production.
- A minimum four years of professional experience in film production (filming and editing).
- Knowledge and experience with image editing and editing software packages. We use Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, Wirecast and OBS. Knowledge of iMovie will be helpful.
- Familiar with uploading to FTP a CMS, be familiar with, video encoding software and various video formats.
- Technical knowledge on video processing and formats. Format conversion, frame rates and resolutions appropriate to the particular application (e.g. vide for large screen vs web vs Facebook and file compression knowledge.
- Familiar with the interconnection formats – SDI, HDMI, Analogue and USB and their appropriate use.
- Understand cross-platforms digital trends and technology.
- Used to working with Sony cameras.
- Familiar with South African and International mainstream radio.
- Valid driver’s licence.
The successful candidate must be:
- Prepared to work flexible hours when necessary, which involves early mornings, some evenings or weekend shifts.
- Versatile, adaptable and able to multi-task, work fast and well under pressure and capable of working with specific deadlines.