Applications are invited for the above mentioned position in the Secondary Production, based at Green Park, Epping 2, Cape Town. The successful incumbent will report to the Engineering Specialist (RTD) .
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out repairs and maintenance on machinery and equipment in line with prescribed regulations and standards;
- Regular inspections, fault finding and preventative maintenance jobs;
- Testing equipment after repairs are completed;
- Turning, milling, welding and fitting for fabrication of components;
- Support the packaging department with start-up and fault finding of equipment;
- Assist with change-overs according to the packaging plan;
- Participate and contribute in the morning meeting activities, Innovation and business improvements in support of operational and segment goals
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified Mechanical Artisan (Minimum of NTC3 or N3 & Trade Test Certificate)
- Qualification for Fitter and TURNER / Fitter / Mill wright
- Must be proficient in fault finding as per drawings, equipment and be able to take corrective action.
- Ability to work accurately and according to precise measurements and specifications;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance principles and systems
- Good Analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience working on rotating machinery ie fillers, labellers would be and advantage
- Competent in turning, milling, argon and arc welding would be and advantage
- Competent in pneumatics and hydraulics;
- Reflect good leadership behaviour – towards colleagues, superior and company values;
- Able to do in depth problem solving and fault finding;
- Able to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position;
- Have the ability to work under pressure;
- Able to work shifts, on weekends and flexible hours;
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 15461 Closing date: 25 January 2019
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Engineering
Apply Online For Distell Apprenticeship Opportunities