Driver – Pretoria West
Location: GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned positions in the Northern Region based at our Distribution Centre in Pretoria West. The successful incumbents will report to the Customer Deliveries Controller.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to drive a delivery vehicle for the purpose of executing customer orders in accordance with prescribed procedures and the customers’ service procedures.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Delivery vehicle in accordance with the Road transport Ac
- Receive verbal and written instructions and documentation from Customer Delivery Controller and / or Management.
- Ensure that vehicle is checked by completing the mandatory vehicle checklist on the DSD handheld device.
- On arrival at customer, inform the customer of delivery and request permission to proceed with offloading.
- Ensure that all DSD handheld processes are completed stringently, including POD, GRN and claim processes.
- Handle all customer complaints professionally and forward complaints to Customer Delivery Controller for action if needed.
- Ensure good customer relations under all circumstances.
- Safeguard company property and assets
- General Administration
- Handle accidents as per prescribed procedure and report within 24 hours.
- Complete log sheets and ensure that all documentation is correct and handled in accordance with deadlines
- Assist with device execution and crew management on hired vehicles when volumes require from time to time
- Ensure the safety of all personnel, both on site, during transit and at customers.
- Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Ensure that product is handled safely and speedily
- Ensure that no unnecessary breakages occur during loading and off-loading
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Valid unendorsed EC drivers (Code 14 )
- Valid PRDP permit
- Knowledge of delivery routes
- Minimum Grade 12 (Matric Qualifiction)
- DSD handheld device skills would be advantageous
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Professional approach and highly self-motivated
- Adept at handling challenging interpersonal relationships
Applications to be sent to:
If interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply online.
Reference number: 15382 Closing Date: 11 February 2019