Institution: Stellenbosch Primary Health Care (Cape Winelands Health Services)
Core Title: Management And General Support Personnel
13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in the transportation of staff and goods.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to be on standby and work overtime.
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence and a Public Driving Permit (PDP).
- Knowledge of Transport Regulations, routine maintenance and inspections for defects on vehicles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to accept accountability, responsibility, to work independently and unsupervised.
- Ability to read and understand road directions and traffic signs.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Daily transport collection and delivery of goods, services, clients and personnel, from one point to another.
- Adhere to departmental codes and procedures by ensuring accurate and detailed completion of logbooks, trip authorities and any other administrative duties associated with driving, deliveries and collections.
- Conduct routine maintenance, inspection of vehicles and timely reporting of defects.
- Ensure that all vehicles are kept clean and tidy.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Eikestad Nuus 7/2/2019, PSVC 5/2019)