Offering a great opportunity for Candidates to train as Apprentices and qualify as Artisans in the trades of Fitting, Electrical or Instrumentation. Candidates should have an aptitude for the relevant trade and show a keen interest in developing skills. If you are a team player with the relevant Trade related knowledge and good written & verbal communication skills then you are an ideal candidate.
- Acquire knowledge and skills of Artisan in your designated trade
- Acquire Trade Test Certificate in the trade for which training received.
- Take advantage of Training opportunities offered to learn a trade.
- Health Safety & Environment awareness
- Process Plant & Equipment Maintenance
- Performs plant and equipment maintenance, shutdown and turnaround activities.
- Routine Maintenance of Refinery Equipment
- Breakdown repairs to Refinery equipment
- Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, work instructions, guidelines, regulations / legislation and programs & proactive action to identify and correct potential unsafe conditions and acts
- Exhibits understanding of company business.
- Effective written and verbal communication etiquette between individuals, area teams, refinery and customers.
- Work effectively with others to successfully complete process activities and objectives.
Education & Experience
- Matric with pure Maths and Science
- Code 8 Driver’s Licence will be an added advantage
- An N2 in Fitting, Electrical or Instrumentation would be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Basic refinery processes.
- An interest in operations type activities
- Working safely in a hazardous environment.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting
- Work indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions.
- Require fitness and strength to climb up ladders, staircase and platform through various operating equipment from different levels and areas.
- Responding to and handling emergencies
How to Apply
Apply Online for the Engen Apprentice Progamme
The post Engen: Artisan Apprenticeship Programme appeared first on Latest Jobs.