Facebook Vacancies was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Partnership Manager, Internet.org, to help run innovative programs to bring connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet. The projects will support the company’s mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and Internet.org’s mission to make affordable internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. This is a full time position based in Menlo Park, California; London, UK; or Johannesburg, South Africa, and will report to the Director, Connectivity Deployments for Internet.org.
- Ownership of all technical, cost, and schedule aspects of Internet.org connectivity projects
- Investigate developing nation target markets and determine product, cost, and technical performance requirements to meet market needs
- Assess existing/competitive solutions for connectivity
- Establish partners for rollout of new technologies and develop deployment, install, and maintenance strategies
- Analyze uptake data, establish marketing strategies to spur internet usage and work closely with partners to implement them
- Provide hands-on program management and senior leadership to vendors and partners to ensure compliance to specifications and schedule
- Determine regulatory requirements and coordinate project plans with national, state, and local governments as well as the Facebook policy and regulatory teams
- Identify risk areas (technical, cost, schedule, and regulatory) and proactively manage implementation of risk mitigation and plans
- Interface with Facebook Connectivity Deployments, Connectivity Lab, Policy, and Marketing to integrate the connectivity projects into the overall Internet.org program flow
- 15+ years of leadership experience in ground network design and
- deployments in emerging markets. Experience in Africa highly preferred.
- Extensive experience with regulatory environments and emerging trends in developing markets
- Exceptional project/program management and communicationabilities
- Exceptional partnership skills
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Position will be based in Menlo Park, California
or Johannesburg, South Africa
- Willingness and ability to travel to deployment sites (and Menlo Park, if based outside Menlo Park) up to 50 percent of time