Closing Date : 16 November 2018
Ref No 161118/12
Branch: NWRI Southern Operations
Salary : R96 549 per annum (Level 2)
Centre : Ncora Dam
- An ABET certificate. One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in performing manual work will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general work in handling equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge and understanding on conducting general work including lawn care process.
- Knowledge and understanding of pruning and trimming processes and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of chemical use (dilution/mix) and chemical products.
- Daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine/equipment performance.
- Supporting of water utilization and water resource strategy.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Basic knowledge of garden maintenance and planting practices.
- Basic understanding of Government legislation.
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Must be punctual, productive and loyal.
- Must be able to work away from the office for long periods and stay at camp sites near place of work. Must be able to work in or around rivers and dams.
- Clean and maintain grounds and repair tools and structures such as building, fences and benches using hand and power tools.
- Mix spray or spread fertilizers using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper up-keep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters and other ground features.
- Maintain existing ground and gardens by caring for sod, plants and trees.
- Rake and mulch leaves, irrigate plants and lawns.
- Sweep parking lots, walkways, grounds and clean buildings, washing floors and cleaning windows.
Enquiries : Mr ML Boyce Tel No: 047 532 8009
NWRI Southern Operations (Ncora Dam) Please forward your applications to the Department of Water and Sanitation, P.O. Box 5501, Walmer, Port Elizabeth, 6065 or Hand deliver at 50 Heugh Road, Lion Roars Office Park c/o 3rd Avenue and Heugh Road, Walmer.
Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
“All SMS shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments).
The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools” People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.