- Minimum requirements:
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate experience in support services (cleaning services, laundry services, food services, maintenance, gardening and mortuary).
Inherent requirements of the job
- Valid Code B/EB driver’s licence and Public Driving Permit (PDP).
- Willingness to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure and irregular hours as required.
- Incumbent must be healthy and strong enough to lift heavy objects and be on their feet the entire day.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to accept accountability and responsibility and to work independently in all areas of support services.
- Knowledge of Transport Regulations, Circular 4 of 2000 and good knowledge of the road network in the Central Karoo region.
- Load, transport and delivery of goods i.e. stock, supplies, goods, linen, blood products and specimens within the Sub District.
- Maintenance inspections of vehicles and timeously reporting of defects to maintain transport fleet in roadworthy condition.
- Ensure accurate completion of log books, registers and all routine administration.
- Provide an effective support service to the cleaning department, laundry, food services unit and the facility (PHC and Hospital).
- Assist with maintenance, gardening and moving of corpses to the mortuary of the facility
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying this post.
Instruction To Applicants
Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Beaufort West Courier 28/9/2018, PSVC 39/2018)
Salary R 96 549 per annum
Salary Level Level 2
District Manage: Eden District Office
Private Bag X6592
(Ms S Pienaar)
Enquiries: Dr AJ Muller
Tel: no. (023) 414-8200