Snackworks is responsible for the biscuit and snacking portfolio under AVI. The Bakers and Baumann’s Brands are an iconic part of South Africa’s biscuit history.
A vacancy has arisen for a Quality Assurance Trainee based at the Westmead Biscuit Factory reporting to the Quality Manager. This is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a support function to the QA department.
- Assist with raw material, packaging testing and analyses.
- Assist with housekeeping and hygiene audits.
- Assist with the quality of mixing and baking.
- Assist with auditing and inspecting processed/wrapped products.
- Provide feedback on specification non-compliance by analysing quality systems (Shopware).
- Will be involved in trials and validation studies i.e. data capturing.
- Analyse and Solve Problems.
- Initiate and Achieve Results.
- Remain Composed and Resilient.
- Working well with Others.
- Good Communication skills.
- Must be a final year student that requires in-service training.
- Minimum Qualifications Required A completed Grade 12/Matric or an equivalent.
- Must be a final year student studying towards a National Diploma/B.Tech/BSc in Food Technology and requiring in-service training.
- Knowledge Required Must be computer literate.
Closing Date: 30 January 2018
We are committed to the growth of internal employees and it is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applications. All external applications will be considered in line with our Employment Equity targets