||Institution: Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate Large Scale Hospital Catering experience.
- Appropriate experience of therapeutic diets, food groups, preparation and cooking methods, and quality and portion control of food according to standardised recipes.
- Appropriate experience of the Cook-Chill System.
- Appropriate experience with patient’s service (i.e. ward hostess).
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to work shifts (weekends and public holidays).
- Must be willing to enter hospital wards and serve patients.
- Ability to do work of physical natures.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of Western Cape.
- Proof of attendance of a Kitchen Hygiene, Kitchen Cleaner or an Assistant Chefs, will be an added advantage.
- Ability to function within a team and work under pressure.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Utilise the Cook Chill System, prepare, cook, plate, regenerate, serve meals and beverages for the patients in accordance with the PAWC Food Service Policy.
- Follow standardised PAWC Receipts and Menus.
- Clean and maintain the kitchen area and equipment as well adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Communicate with patients and kitchen staff as well as give feedback about problems and make recommendations to the Food Service Supervisor.
- Dress according to Departmental specifications and adhere to Hospital/ PAWC Policy.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in People’s Post 6/8/2019, Vukani 8/8/2019, PSVC 29/2019.