||Institution: Harry Comay Hospital, George Sub-district (Garden Route District)
Core Title: Artisan And Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate handyman experience within a Health environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Willingness to work overtime and do standby duties.
- Must be physically able to perform duties required.
- Ability to function independently, plan ahead (pro-active) and work in a team.
- Ability to adhere to safety standards.
- Ability to handle conflict and problem-solving situations.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist with repairs and installation of objects, emergency breakdowns, supervise and in- service training of co-workers.
- Maintain and repair equipment, repair of plant equipment, furniture, fixtures and fittings mechanical.
- Assist in preventive maintenance procedures, including autoclave, steam generators, water tanks, and clorifiers.
- Basic welding repairs and installations.
- Obtain quotations, order and control of materials as needed to complete requisitions.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. A practical test may be conducted during the interview process.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (George Herald 27/2/2019, PSVC 8/2019)