||Institution: False Bay Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services )
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate Porter experience in a public health facility.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, public holidays and over weekends.
- Ability to perform tasks such as lifting of patients from or onto beds, trolleys and wheelchairs, in and out of vehicles.
- Prepared to handle bodies or corpses.
- Prepared to work in all departments or wards in hospital.
- Willingness to cover shifts in absence of colleagues.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist and accompany walking, sitting, non-walking or disabled patients and transport patients per wheelchair or trolley from reception to the wards or from the wards to the treatment sections, and in and out of ambulances.
- Deliver and collect medical and other documentation (patient files, report, etc) to or from wards or treatment areas.
- Check and replace oxygen cylinders in wards or treatment areas and assist with shifting of medical equipment and report any defects.
- Assist with the drawing and filing of patient folders.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (False Bay Echo 29/8/2019, PSVC 31/2019)