||Institution: Riversdale Hospital (Garden Route District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences And Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate knowledge and experience in a hospital environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, including nightshift.
- Willingness to handle bodies (corpses).
- Ability and willingness to handle heavy objects.
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Valid (Code B/EB) drivers licence.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Accompany walking patients and transporting sitting, non-walking patients per wheelchair/trolley between reception, the wards, the pharmacy, the theatre, the Riversdale Clinic and the treatment centers.
- Direct or accompany visitors to various destinations.
- Assist with the loading of patients in/out of ambulances/vehicles and transfer of patients to beds/trolleys and vice versa.
- Carry medicine, medical and other documentation (patient files and reports) between reception, the wards, pharmacy, Riversdale Clinic, administration and treatment areas.
- Assist with shifting of heavy medical equipment to and from rooms.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and reporting of defects of trolleys and wheelchairs.
- Assist with the transportation of corpses from wards to the mortuary.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (South Cape Forum 14/3/2019, PSVC 10/2019)