||Institution: Cape Winelands TB Centre (Cape Winelands Health District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in building, air-conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, painting, electrical, carpentry, maintenance and repairs.
- Appropriate experience in workshop related tasks.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to do stand-by duties as required.
- Valid (Code B/EB) drivers licence.
- Be conversant with the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery and welding tasks.
- Ability to read, speak and write in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Preference would be given to candidates who have done the SAQCC gas: Safe Handling Course or LPG SASA Course.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist with repairs and installation of objects, emergency breakdowns, supervise and in- service training of co-workers.
- Maintain and repair equipment, repair of plant equipment, furniture, fixtures and fittings mechanical and refrigeration.
- Assist in preventive maintenance procedures, including autoclave, steam generators, water tanks, and calorifiers and air conditioners/cold rooms.
- Basic welding repairs and installations.
- Obtain quotations, order and control of materials as needed to complete requisitions.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be required to do a practical test as part of the interview process.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.