||Institution: Ceres Hospital (Cape Winelands Health District)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience in a large scale, Food Service Unit.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to work shifts which include weekends and public holidays.
- Incumbent must be physically fit to lift heavy objects and be on their feet the entire day.
- Knowledge of production for normal and therapeutic diets in an Industrial Food Service Unit on a large scale.
- Knowledge of hygiene, Occupational Health, HACCP and safety principles.
- Ability to read, speak and write in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist in the receipt and storage of all provisions and stock in the Food Service Unit.
- Pre-preparation and production of all normal and therapeutic diets.
- Weigh, dish and distribute food to various wards.
- Clean all areas, utensils and equipment in the Food Service Department.
- Adhere to Health and Safety prescripts, elementary control measures and standard operational procedures.
- Financial management and human resource support to supervisor.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a practical test.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Witzenberg Herald 13/12/2019, PSVC 45/2019)