||Institution: Lentegeur Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Management and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- General Education and Training Certificate (GETC)/Grade 9 (Std 7).
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the Private Security Board of South Africa for 2006 in terms of the Security Industry Regulations Act (Act 56 of 2001) PSIRA.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, public holidays, weekends, and to be rotated.
- Perform delegated duties in all units on a rotation basis.
- A genuine interest to work in Psychiatric and Forensic units.
- A strong sense of responsibility and the ability to function independently in challenging situations.
- Knowledge of Management of aggression and violence.
- Self-discipline, self-motivated and the ability to work under pressure.
- Good listening, writing reports, conflict and group handling skills.
- Good Communication in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Access/Egress control also Escort patients on/off hospital premises.
- Assistance to personnel with the handling of aggressive/violent and uncontrolled patients.
- Delivery of a supportive security service to allocated areas with the aim to prevent injuries, abscondment of patients, litigation and adverse incidents.
- Effective application of service delivery and efficient support to the Operational Manager.
- Control/monitor surveillance cameras to identify and prevent any unlawful entry, suspicious, dangerous objects and adverse incidents.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Plainsman 27/2/2019, PSVC 8/2019.