If you are an organised, smart, and enthusiastic individual looking to make a career move, this could just be the right move for you.
Key Duties And Responsibility Areas:
- Records, processes and files all information relating to in-house guests, checked-out guests, regular guests and future bookings accurately.
- Communicate any change in room allocations in such a way to facilitate good relationships with Reception, Reservations and Housekeeping.
- Ensures that the guests complete the registration forms correctly and that the information completed is in accordance with the Reservations information systems requirements and that payment are guaranteed.
- Ensures that the Front Office System is in accordance with the Housekeeper’s report.
- Ensure the accurate input of all reservations taken by phone or at the Desk.
- Performs additional duties, which may be required or as requested by the Exe Front Office Manager/ Rooms manager / Reservation Manager and Front Office Duty Manager
- Be required to work overtime when requested by the Exe Front Office Manager/ Rooms manager / Reservation Manager and Front Office Duty Manager
- Ensure that a Daily Pit check is carried out on each shift and signed off by your Front Office Duty Manager.
- Ensure that all F&B Dockets are accounted for checked, signed off and is in the correct Guest Room Pits.
- Ensure that your daily paid out, corrections and AR settlement are processed and filed correctly before the end of each shift and then signed off by the Front Office Duty Manager.
- Maintains the appearance of the Front Office Department with regards to the tidiness and the safekeeping of all correspondence, dockets and registration details.
- Receives and welcomes guests in a manner, which is polite, friendly and efficient.
- Liaises with the Porter to make sure guests’ luggage is moved from the lobby area to their rooms or stored if requested.
- Prints contingency reports daily.
- Handles all incoming calls via the switchboard.
- Maintains a proper messaging system.
- Ensures that all calls are handled professionally and efficiently.
- Ensures that messages are delivered and recorded correctly.
- Coordinates emergency procedures and informs all relevant people and staff of happenings at all times.
- Prints reports for use in Reception and for the Hotel departments and ensures that they are circulated.
- Adheres to the company credit policy.
- Completes the respective Shift procedures and duties in accordance with the company policy and procedures.
- Maintains a smart, clean and tidy personal appearance at all times.
- Maintains a handover diary to communicate with the next shift.
- Prepares in advance for the arrival of groups.
- Aware of all hotel services/promotions.
Core Competencies / Characteristics required for this position:
- Proficiency on ONQ operating system advantageous but will be trained. Other operating system (e.g. Opera) experience beneficial
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English, additional languages advantageous
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Drivers Licence and own transport preferable but otherwise needs to be able to use the public transport system for early and late shifts.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum two years’ Front Office experience gained at a reputable property
- Previous Hotel group experience working on OnQ system advantageous but will be trained.
- Hotel Management Diploma or equivalent advantageous.
- Regular and on time attendance.
- After hours availability if required.
- Ability to manage multiple expectations and work under pressure.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge; skill and or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job.
You will be required to perform all reasonable duties assigned to you or related or incidental to the proper completion of your job tasks.
During a colleague’s leave of absence from the company or during month end or peak business periods, you may be required to perform other job tasks upon reasonable request from your line manager.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within five days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com.