With us, you won’t be making coffees for anyone except yourself. You are quite capable of printing and copying stuff and you don’t need to come to us to learn how to do it. We prefer to put you on a project so that you can show us what you’re worth. Including your own projects. And this could even develop into a topic for your thesis. We want to help you.
Main purpose of the job:
To assist in the performance of internal audits in order to give management assurance that controls have been implemented and are effective. The intern will also assist with providing recommendations and monitoring the resolution of audit findings.
We have a position for Internal Audit Administrator
Internship at T-Systems 2018.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To assist with the identification and evaluation of the organisation’s risk areas and provide key input to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Assisting with performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing audit criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, performing client interviews and documenting client processes and procedures in the form of working papers.
- Assist in the evaluation of new or changing services, processes and operations and assess their impact on existing and planned audit coverage
- Assisting with the identification, development, and documentation of audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed.
- Assist in the investigation of suspected incidents of fraudulent activities within the organization and notify management of the findings as well as suggest recommendations to reduce control weaknesses and disciplinary measures to be initiated where applicable.
- Assist in providing management and the Audit Committee with reports summarizing audit and assurance activities and findings, progress in implementing agreed recommendations as well as an overall assessment of progress on the Audit plan.
- Inform senior audit team members and management timeously of the results of audits by means of regular discussions and audit reports as well as following up on the status of resolution of audit findings
- Assist in the planning and execution of audits of client/server technology platforms and evaluate IT internal controls as well as business audits , and work collaboratively with management to identify actions needed
- Conduct data extraction, analysis and security reviews utilising software tools
- Perform computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs) using tools such as ACL to increase audit efficiency and effectiveness
- Complete audit work within budgeted timelines
- All other duties assigned
- International alignment to DTAG and TSI specific measures as well as legal or comparable requirements including but not limited to SOX, IFRS, and Governance Codex.
- Your Profile
Criteria for selection:
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- Have completed an Auditing Degree/Diploma or CIA qualification or equivalent and be able to demonstrate good academic record and achievements;
- Application forms must be completed in full and copies of academic records must be included;
- Not have previously participated in an internship or graduate programme;
- Have no work experience in the field of study;
- A recent graduate (2014-2018);
- Considered a youth (18-27 years);
- Verified qualification certificate and no criminal record;
- Effective communication in English (written and verbal);
- Computer literacy (MS Office – basic Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Prepared to undergo psychometric assessments.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Knowledge of financial management
- Understanding of information technology
- Knowledge of generally accepted IS Auditing Standards, Statements and Guidelines, and IS security and control practices.
- Knowledge of generally accepted Auditing Standards, Statements and Guidelines, and internal control practices.
- Leadership Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Decision making ability
- Problem solving skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Communication on all management levels
- Be able to work independently
- Conflict handling
- Articulate both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working with People
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Commitment to gaining professional qualifications and ongoing self development
- Self motivated and happy to take on responsibility
- Willingness to learn
Application Deadline: 03/08/2018
CLICK HERE TO APPLY