|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Mowbray|
Yes Media, an established niche media publisher, is looking for a freelance editor for the official publications of the ANC’s Progressive Business Forum – Progressive Leader and Business Update. This position is suitable for a person with extensive editorial experience in custom publications in the business field. The ideal person has an interest in business, current-, public- and government affairs.
The position combines the traditional functions of managing editor/editor/sub-editor/copy-editor. You will play a pivotal role in a small editorial team consisting of publisher, copy-editor, designer, and traffic controller.
Your responsibilities will include:
- collaborating with the client and publisher on content strategy and direction
- commissioning and managing the contribution of relevant editorial content
- collaborating with the design staff on art direction and design
- managing and participating in the production of advertiser content
- managing and participating in sub-editing and proofing processes
- page planning and other functions normally required of a managing editor.
If applying, please:
- send a short covering email outlining your most relevant past experience and how your skills and experience are applicable to the above requirements and the publications
- a short CV (less important) .
(If our past recruitment efforts are any indication, we may get many applications. We can only talk to a few people. The covering email is really our only chance to judge how YOUR past experience and skills would be specifically appropriate to the publications you will head editorially.)
- A flexible working arrangement, focused on results and not hours
- A negotiable remuneration package.
Closing date: 15 February 2018
If you have not heard from us within two weeks you should regard your application as unsuccessful.