Okuhle Media – Producer Vacancy in Cape Town, Observatory March 2018
||Cape Town, Observatory
||Employment Equity position
As the producer of a well-known children’s show, your main role is to satisfy both the client and the viewer by utilizing the talents of the cast and the crew and combining art with craft and commerce with technology. You are first one on the project and the last one off, essentially the overall project supervisor who gets it off the ground, and then supervises every step of its development and production.
You manage all aspects of the production so that a completed program is delivered accurately and on time and are responsible for the program’s overall quality and survivability. For this reason you must have a gift for thinking on your feet, ready to come up with creative ideas quickly under pressure. You are a problem-solver who is project orientated and loves to see tangible results.
In essence, you are the team’s leader and, as such, you have highly developed communications skills and are able to work effectively with all members of the production team, talent and other contributors. You form the core of the project by encouraging collaboration and providing strong and balanced leadership. You know when to step back and let people do their job. You model patience, humour and a clear vision of the project, supplying creative direction balanced with logistical requirements. You are generous with your flexibility and encouragement, while staying connected to the realities of the budget and time constraints.
As a part of the team, you understand and embrace the spirit of the team, which is Vibrant, Positive, Fast-paced, Dynamic, Bright, Colourful and Energetic. You have a drive to learn and to share knowledge to invoke a positive change. You are open to new challenges and willing to step in and help out where necessary. You have a strong work ethic that demands accuracy and attention to detail. You are equally comfortable as part of a team or working independently – the main objective is getting the job done and done well! You thrive in a dynamic, vibrant, fast-paced and energetic environment.
The Key Role of the Producer is to ensure the highest level of professionalism, creativity and quality is delivered at all times in relation to and within the broadcaster’s requirements and the budget parameters provided.
You manage the production with a holistic bird’s eye view of the whole production, an individual with the ability to not only manage the production and the staff but also the understanding and ability to identify sponsorship opportunities within the planned content and write them up into sponsorship proposals, an understanding on monetising digital content would also be a plus.
Key performance indicators
- Constant growth of viewership
- Maintain consistently high AR’s
- Logical and methodical approach to tasks
- Time management
- Effective communication of ideas and details
- Consistent delivery of program on time, according to requirements and within budget
- Accuracy and of tasks that are accurate and of a high quality
- Satisfaction and feedback to Series Producer
- Rating on performance appraisal
Okuhle Media is an award-winning Media and Production company based in Cape Town, South Africa. Officially established in 2003, we have a proven track record of productions comprising television and corporate content and we currently deliver over 500-hours of content per year, both locally and Internationally.
The name Okuhle (Xhosa) means “great things”. We extend this ideology to include great content, great people, great customers and the delivery of great results. Everything we do is based on our philosophy of delivery beyond expectation.
- In depth knowledge of production from concept to post-production, including technical knowledge necessary to produce the quality production within the realms of a given budget
- Excellent financial and business skills including the ability to manage budgets according to standard accounting systems
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate others
- Strong strategic and logical capability
- Good computer skills
- Excellent planning, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Good skills in written and verbal communications
- Competitive / market knowledge
- Drivers Licence and own car
- Ability to manage multiple elements in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organisational skills with a focused, goal-orientated attitude
- Confidence, assertiveness and decisiveness
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail and an ability to multi-task
- The ability to manage people and delegate tasks
- Drive through (follow-up of projects) and a sense of urgency
- Focused and goal and result orientated
- Have a dedication to the excellence of a finished product
- Show initiative and be proactive
- Energy, Passion and Integrity