We are an online publication, looking to hire two intern Journalists. The internship is for a period of three months, from April to June 2018.
Write between 15 and 20 reports a day, sourced from press releases, social media, online data sources, and audio transcripts (which you must transcribe).
Frontline proofreading and editing, for your own content and content written by others.
- Please note that is not your typical 9 to 5 role, and you will on several occasions need to start work early or end the day late to meet deadlines.
- Please do not apply for this role if you are looking for a ‘work life balance’ or if you are a veritable ‘clock watcher’.
- The position is full-time, and will not entertain special work-arrangement requests.
- This role is best suited for a recent and inexperienced graduate looking to immerse themselves into world of digital journalism and online publishing.
- A degree – does not have to be journalism.
- Very strong English language skills; you must be able to write and edit competently.
- Versatility – the ability to write across various subjects and topics, including politics, entertainment, fashion, breaking news and sport.
- Your own laptop, reliable and unlimited internet (4G or Fibre), as this is a work from home role.
- Stability and reliability under pressure, and a consistency in the kind and quality of work produced.
- Ability to work with very little guidance and supervision.
- Computer literacy – ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google applications.
- Superior online research skills.
- An interest in writing, journalism and current affairs.
- Can start working with us immediately, with little notice
If you meet the above requirements and if you are interested in the position, please send your CV to
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Source: Biz Community