In cooperation with the Services (SA Army, SA Air Force and SA Navy), Defence Intelligence is offering young South African citizens an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a two year period.
The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two year voluntary service system which is aimed at affording young people skills, which could assist in their quest for employment in the job market Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two years, during which they will receive Military Training, further Functional Training and skills training.
- South African Citizen with no dual citizenship
- Aged between 18 and 22 with Grade 12 or 18 and 26 for applicants
- with tertiary qualifications (national diploma / degree post graduate
- diplomas and post graduate degrees)
- Preferably single.
- Not be area bound.
- Have no criminal record or pending cases
Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF. Be free form physical disabilities and do not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
Be willing to undergo pre employment screening, sychometric testing and security vetting. Successfully completed Grade 12 Applicants (Preferably with university entrance) A National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi, with Degree or National Diploma Admission.
– Successfully completed Grade 12 Applicants (Preferably with university entrance): A National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi, with Degree or National Diploma Admission. A mark of at least 5(60% – 69%) in Afrikaans or English and a mark of at least 5 (60% – 69%) in each of the four school subjects (preferably Mathematics, Computer Application Technology, Physical Science ,History and Geography) from the list of designated university admission subjects.
– National Diploma/ Graduate Applicants: National Diploma Security Risk Management, IT qualifications or a degree with the preferred study fields of Political Science, Africa Studies, International Relations, Social / Psychological Sciences or Security Studies.
Training: Defence Intelligence is mandated to conduct intelligence and counter-intelligence on behalf of the DOD and as such must ensure an HR complement equipped with the necessary skills and attributes.
Recruits will be compelled to complete the Basic Military Training and if successful Officers Formative within the Service of choice, followed with Functional Intelligence Training. Selected officers will be afforded the opportunity to enrol for a prescribed three year degree at the Faculty Military Science, Stellenbosch University.
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS
1. Copy of ID
2. Copy of Gr 12 Certificate
3. A Short CV
4. Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree or National Diploma at SAQA registered institutions)
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS
Admission enquiries can be directed to: SANDF, Defence Intelligence, Recruitment Centre at (012) 315 0714.
If you are interested in the MSDS at Defence Intelligence in cooperation with
the SA Army, SA Air Force and the SA Navy, kindly complete the application form with the requested documents and post to:
Department of Defence, Defence Intelligence, Private Bag X367, Pretoria, 0001
Closing Date: 28 February 2018.
Download application here.
N.B. Should you not receive a response by 31 October 208 kindly consider your application unsuccessful.