Millwright / Artisan
Job No: 12974
Location: Hammanskraal (Pretoria area)
Salary: R 40 000 Per Month + Benefits
The client has an opportunity for highly motivated and energetic individuals to join the Engineering & Mechanical departments at their factory based in Hammanskraal. The successful candidate will install, maintain and repair all stationary, mechanical and auxiliary equipment in a safe, functional, reliable condition and provide quality service to the maintenance planning functions. Responsibilities will include maintaining and repairing a wide variety of items for the process plant and associated infrastructure. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm and comes with no less than 3-5 years experience in the FMCG domain.
What this Role Entails:
- Conducting preventive maintenance (inspections, adjustments, and overhauls) on mechanical equipment including pumps, tanks, piping, air compressors, and building infrastructure;
- Conducting corrective maintenance (repairs, replacements) on mechanical equipment as needed;
- Identifying equipment deficiencies, and troubleshooting issues;
- Providing timely response to critical equipment breakdowns;
- Completing daily reports and Work Orders;
- Assisting in scoping and planning of new work;
- Adhering to all company safety and security policies and procedures;
- Reporting incidents and assisting with investigations and follow-up work;
- Maintaining meaningful contribution and participation in safety meetings and audits;
- Repairing, servicing, and reconditioning equipment per trade code and industry design specification requirements;
- Partaking in safety audits and meetings, maintaining meaningful contribution and participation;
- Providing timely response to critical equipment breakdown priority; and
- Recording all task related information as required to complete planning and work order requirements.
- Maintain and repair mechanical and hydraulic equipment in assigned areas, and throughout facility.
- Perform miscellaneous repair work, including but not limited to installing pumps, boiler repair, pipe fitting, etc.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains facility equipment, including but not limited to rolling mill equipment, furnace mechanical equipment, mechanical shears, annealing equipment.
- Assemble, dismantle and adjust mechanical, and hydraulic equipment, including but not limited to conveyors, mill stands, mill housings, etc.
- Perform welding, cutting, and burning when needed.
- Interprets blueprints, and technical sketches.
- Operate overhead crane and/or fork truck to move supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a safe, and clean working area.
Sources of Supervision:
- Works independently and requires minimum direction.
- Position reports to Supervisor of Maintenance.
Tools and Equipment:
Drill press, power saw, portable drill and grinders, bench tools, cutting torch, welding and burning equipment, crane, chain clocks and falls, air hoists, pipe wrenches, crow bars, sledges, eye bolts, hammers, pressure, flow gauges, cold chisels, punches, gauges, grab hooks, and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Mechanical Ability
- Electrical ability
- Analytical Ability
- Basic Welding Skills
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
Experience, Education and Training:
- Minimum 3-5 years Mechanical and Electrical experience in FMCG, manufacturing or industrial environment as qualified Red Seal Certified Millwright / Trade qualification in a mechanical/electrical maintenance discipline.
- High School Diploma
- Trained in all areas of mechanical testing, and electrical repair.
- Written and oral fluency in English is an asset;
- Strong Electro Mechanical aptitude;
- Ability/willingness to work long shift durations, including shift work.
- Highly market related depending on qualification, experience and skill set.
- Benefits: Medical aid contribution, pension/provident, 13th Cheque
Normal working hours:
Monday Friday: 07:00 17:00
Apply On Company Site